Monday, April 9

Retro Redo Part 2

My upholstery project has been progressing nicely the last couple of class sessions.  You can see my chair's original state here.  I have to admit, I made some newbie mistakes and it was a little frustrating there for a bit, but I've learned some invaluable lessons and I'm back on track.  I've been really bad at taking step-by-step photos, but here's a look at the chair in its current condition.  I still have to finish the outside back, make the seat cushion, and stain and attach the new front leg.

I really like the way it is turning out and I'm having so much fun learning to upholster.  In fact, I bought myself a new tool so I can work on some projects outside of class...

She hasn't been around long enough to acquire a nickname, but she'll get one, I know she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might have missed this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...