Tuesday, July 9

From Sassy to Sexy in One Afternoon

About 2 years ago, I decided to paint my dining room orange.

I really loved the color but hated that the dining room was an open room to the left just inside the front door and I hated the taupe carpet.  Carpet in the dining room?  Genius!  So last year we did some pretty major renovations to the main floor and I moved my dining table to the kitchen where it makes much more sense, we added hardwoods to this room, had all the floors on the main level refinished, and I had a cabinet built into the weird inset along the back wall.



I decided to use this room as a lounge and turned my new cabinet into a bar cabinet.  I thought I still loved the orange so I kept it, but when we replaced the carpet on the stairs which are open to this room it just looked a little Halloweenish.


This isn't the best shot, but the carpet is a black low-pile with a beige pattern.  I finally got around to fixing the situation with some leftover paint from my son's room.  It is "Graphite" by Benjamin Moore.


Much better for a lounge don't you think?


And it fixed my Halloween theme I had going too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might have missed this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...