A matching pair for $80. I think I overpaid a bit for what they are, but I just love the "basket-weave" look of the fronts. My first step was to remove the old hardware, doors and drawers.
I repaired some places with wood filler and then sanded it all down. Next, I primed the inside and out with Zinsser Primer and gave it another light sanding.
Next came the fun part. It wasn't such a windy day so I decided to try out my Christmas gift from my mother-in-law.
I chose Martha Stewart's Wrought Iron. I requested it in semi-gloss oil based enamel, which now I understand most places aren't carrying, but instead of telling me that, they mixed it in semi-gloss latex. I was already in the thick of things so I decided to give it a go anyway. Let me just say that oil based enamel is the way to go for furniture. You just can't beat the smooth hard finish it provides.
I gave everything a couple of light coats and since it was latex paint it dried rather quickly outside. After the first two coats, I did a light sanding with fine grit sandpaper and then sprayed a couple more coats. I found these great ring pulls online and I love the aged brass look of them. Now I wish I would have ordered more just to have in my stash! After letting everything dry overnight, I replaced the hardware, doors, and drawers. I must say I love the finished product. The navy blue is just the perfect shade. I'll share more when the bedroom is complete.