Friday, December 16

Shhhh! It's A Secret

I am lucky enough to live in a neighborhood where many of my closest friends live.  This year I decided to give homemade gifts to them.  I thought about the normal caramel popcorn, assorted cookies and fudge, peppermint bark, etc. but it just didn't feel right.  Then I remembered something my mother used to make every year at this time.  HOMEMADE KAHLUA!  It's the perfect gift because Lord knows we like our happy hour around here!
If you are like me, you love anything coffee flavored.  It's easy, so go ahead and try it for yourself.  This is what you'll need


I sent my husband for the vodka and this is what he came home with. 
 Might not have been the brand I would have picked.

4 c. water
3 c. sugar
5 oz. pure vanilla
2 oz. Kava instant coffee
1 qt. vodka


Mix sugar and water and heat to dissolve (DON'T BOIL)
Combine vanilla and coffee and add to water.  Pour into a gallon pitcher and stir in vodka.  Let stand for 2 days.




While you are waiting, go to World Market and get some fancy bottles.


After you have washed and dried the bottles, use a funnel to fill the with Kahlua.

Once they are all filled, add a pretty tag (with a coffee martini recipe) and an ornament and "Voila!" Easy homemade Christmas gift.


2 comments:

  1. So thoughtful - who doesn't love a handcrafted gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny!

    Thank you so much for the totally COOL art journal! (via Maggie).

    It is AWESOME. the paper is the perfect thickness, my paints and sharpies and markers don't bleed through. i've worked in it every day since i got it in the mail (before xmas). except today (because i worked on a quilt instead). but i'm having so much fun with it and i love some of the art i'm making. thanks to you and the special book you made.

    i'm going to run out of pages in a few months (like less than two) and i'm going to have to buy another one from you!

    happy new year-

    ps you can look at my blog to see a few samples of the art journal stuff.

    ReplyDelete

You might have missed this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...